Stucco Remediation has become an epidemic in our area. SkyView has the necessary experience working with residential envelope systems to face this issue head on. Specializing in widows, doors & siding has enabled us to react quickly to the issue of stucco failure. Stucco failures occur where stucco meets window frames, door frames, trim boards, decking ledgers, patios, roofing & the list goes on.
We use the latest building science practices and materials to deliver high-quality remediation services.
SkyView has worked with the area’s leading third party stucco inspectors and has satisfied all of their requirements on our projects. A stucco inspector will produce a detailed report of problematic areas with photographs and moisture readings, along with a detailed scope of work to be performed. We understand the financial burden this has placed on your family and this is why we recommend a third party inspection. This is this first step in a homeowner understanding the extent of remediation required.
Call us today for a Free Consultation!! and to receive a detailed quote.
Once a home has been remediated and protected from moisture, you can choose any siding products; such as traditional lap siding, stucco or stone.
This is why we have success with our stucco remediation projects:
- Proper use of bituminous tape flashings around windows and doors
- Proper use of aluminum head flashing and sill pans for window and doors
- Aluminum heavy gauge, seamless kick-out flashing at gutter/roof junctions.
- Liquid flashing applied where tape and aluminum methods aren’t as effective, as in sealing terminations between differing substrates while maintaining vapor permeability.
- House wrap applied in the proper order to create shingling effect at seams
- Two layers of weather resistive barrier and a drainage mat behind scratch coats where masonry is applied over wood framing.
- EZ bead installed around stucco/stone termination areas, and sealed with caulked
- Weep screed along joints between foundation and framing.